* Understanding concepts in melee is related to solving for situations effectively and hopefully efficiently
* Stands that this is easier when flowcharting with reduced number of options (like in edgeguards)
* Simplifying gameplay/n reduces variance
* Simplifying gameplay/n with a mind for effectiveness reveals meaningful patterns that when solved for are then foundational (note: there is no need for them to be sequential)
* In this way the best method for learning is to identify and solve for recurring scenarios in order of importance and absolutely nothing unrelated to those
At this point, provided good execution, the problems that appear are from something that is outside of the scope of your knowledge. But that just means that you were missing information, not that your system is bad. They can be in turn solved for (including avoided).